How to buy children’s toys wisely
I know it is only July, but seriously now is the time to start thinking of purchasing all your toys for Christmas. If not actuallt buying them and putting them away, then at least taking a look at your finanaces to make it much less of a shock.
- If you can, then please start to put money away now each month or week for Christmas.
- If you have a credit card, them compare credit cards at MoneySupermarket to make sure you have the best deal for you.
- Go through your childrens toys and start putting them on e-bay to make some money to go towards new ones.
- Think about having a car boot sale. The summer is always the best time, especially is the weather is good. I have one planned and am busy gathering everything up in the shed.
- Talk to other mums and see if there children have grown out of anything you could buy.
- List large items on local facebook selling pages or put a card in the local shop window.
- Keep an eye out on e-bay for anything you think your children might want.
Remember it is now always about quantity. I have noticed that it is about quality and having something that they really need and want. We have a rule in this house, that we ask for four things. Something I need, something I want, something to read and something to eat.
Always use sites like The Great Toy Guide as we plan to take the hassle out of present buying for you.